Blog

Four Reasons Why Working In Child Care Is So Rewarding

Thursday, December 15, 2016

po_child-care-rewarding

You’ve probably heard that working in child care is a rewarding job, but have you ever considered WHY it’s so rewarding? Let’s take a look at our top reasons why a career in child care is so rewarding.

1. A real difference in the lives of children

Make a difference in the lives of young children every time you head to work! You get to see children’s development and learning firsthand as children grow and flourish under your care.   In many families parents rely on child care so they can work, so they entrust you with their children – and what a privilege it is to play a role in children’s lives during those vital first five years.

2. Healthy work/life balance

Sure you can find child care jobs that are 9am – 5pm, but there are also many with flexible hours. Whatever your lifestyle there’s a child care job with working hours to suit, so your personal life reaps the rewards when you work in early childhood too.

3. Changing the future

Today’s children are tomorrow’s future. Some of the most important wiring of our brains takes place in the first five years. Children’s early experiences and the quality of their care and relationships are crucial during this time. This means your role in child care can have an impact on a child’s entire life. While these are three great reasons why child care is a rewarding career, here’s just one more…

4. The things children say!

As well as the above, working in child care means your days are filled with fun and laughter. Our trainers shared just a few of the cutest things children have said to them:

“My baby brother is always stinky!” – Ebonie

“During a Kindergarten graduation we had a parent/child dance as part of the festivities. One of my boys told his mum he didn’t want to dance with her because he wanted to dance with his girlfriend, ‘Miss Kat’. So cute!” – Katherine

“If the spider is also scared of me, then why is she crawling on me?!” – Cecilie

“One little boy once told me that he loves me and wants to marry me!” – Marie

”I love you Nanna and I love Pappy too, but I’m glad you’re here so I don’t have to listen to Pappy anymore!” – Tracey

“A child once said that when they grow up they will live with me and help pay the rent.” – Amanda

“I love you to the moon and back!” – Manmeet

Experience the rewards of a career in child care for yourself. Getting qualified with Practical Outcomes is the first step.

Make an enquiry

ACPET NRT
Facebook
1300 799 610Enquire Now