Practical Outcomes has 2016/2017 funding available for:
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50213 Diploma of School Age Education and Care
How much will I need to pay?
Tuition fees vary and are based on a number of different factors such as qualification level, course type and nominal study hours. Depending upon your eligibility, there are a variety of funding opportunities available for Practical Outcomes courses.
The government pays part of your training costs directly to Practical Outcomes.
The amount may be between 50% and 100% of your course costs depending on the priority of the qualification and your eligibility for Fee-free Year 12 subsidised training.
You pay the remaining training costs (a co-contribution fee) to your registered training organisation.
You do not have to pay the co-contribution fee if you are a school-based apprentice or trainee, or eligible for Fee-free Year 12 subsidised training.
The fee may be paid on your behalf by a third party such as your employer or your parents, but it cannot be paid by Practical Outcomes.
Certificate 3 Guarantee
The Certificate 3 Guarantee aims to help Queenslanders without a post-school qualification to gain one.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidies your vocational education and training (VET) course fees to help you complete your first post-school certificate III level qualification.
It is targeted at certificate III level qualifications because they are considered the entry-level qualification most often needed to gain employment in many industry sectors.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee means that instead of paying for the full cost of a training course, you will pay a reduced amount to make the training more affordable and accessible.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee, you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be 15 years old or over
- live in Queensland and have left school*
- not already have a certificate III level or higher qualification
- not be currently enrolled in a certificate III level or higher course
- a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
*Some VET in Schools students will be able to access training through the Certificate 3 Guarantee).
Higher Level Skills program
The Higher Level Skills program aim is to help individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in priority industries or to transition to university.
Under the program your vocational education and training course fees will be subsidised to help make training more affordable and accessible for you.
Subsidies are provided for a select number of certificate IV, diploma and advanced diploma qualifications, and priority skill sets critical to productivity within the workplace.
This program is open to any Queensland resident aged 15 years or over, who is no longer at school and is an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
Prospective students must not have or be enrolled in a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training.
User Choice (Apprenticeships and traineeship funding)
Through the User Choice program the government contributes towards the cost of training for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees.
Instead of paying for the full cost of training, apprentices or trainees and their employers will pay a reduced amount.
The program provides the flexibility for apprentices, trainees and their employers to select a preferred registered training organisation to provide the training.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to receive subsidised training under the User Choice program you must:
- be employed in an approved apprenticeship or traineeship
- have entered a training contract for a qualification funded by the government
- have selected a training provider that is a pre-qualified supplier (a government-approved training provider).
Fee-free training for Year 12 graduates
Fee-free training is available to Year 12 graduates in high priority vocational qualifications, apprenticeships and traineeships within the calendar year following their completion of Year 12.
High priority qualifications provide training in the skills employers and industry need most.
Are you eligible?
You can access fee-free training if you:
- live permanently in Queensland
- completed Year 12 in Queensland and hold either a Senior Statement issued by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority or an equivalent certificate that confirms you have completed Year 12 in Queensland
- enrol and start training with an approved training provider by the end of the calendar year following your completion of Year 12.
For more information on Queensland funding visit:
Make an enquiry
By sending this message, you are accepting to receive communications from Practical Outcomes, including internal sales staff responding to your enquiry.